Hello! Thank you for your interest in volunteering at our library. We have opportunities for teens in 8th grade and up to volunteer at story times and programs we have throughout the year, as well as performing various clerical tasks.
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the application below.
Please note that we only accept applications from teens who reside in the town of Westfield.
We will then contact you via e-mail regarding specific volunteer assignments. Please do not show up for a program without hearing from us.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at 908-789-4090, ext. 3.
Teen Volunteer Policies and Guidelines
- Once you have completed, signed and returned your volunteer application we will contact you via e-mail regarding upcoming volunteer opportunities. If you are interested in a specific date, please reply via e-mail or phone to let us know, and we will confirm. Please do not show up for a program unless we have contacted you.
- Keep in mind that we are counting on our teen volunteers. Your offer to volunteer is a serious commitment. If you cannot report at your assigned time, please let us know as soon as possible by calling 908-789-4090, ext. 3, or by e-mailing us at email@example.com. Please arrive on time.
- When you come in to volunteer, report to the Youth Services desk and tell the librarian on duty that you have arrived. You will sign in and receive your instructions.
- Please dress appropriately, neatly, and cleanly. Do not use your cell phone or chat with friends while you are volunteering.
- As a representative of the library, be polite, courteous and helpful to all library users and staff. If there is a problem with a patron, staff member or another volunteer, tell your supervisor immediately.
- Refer all customer inquiries to a library staff person. Politely inform the customer that you are a volunteer, and will find someone to help them.
- Westfield Memorial Library supports individuals’ access and freedom to read and view materials without placing value judgments on those choices. While some materials in the collection may offend your personal tastes or beliefs, please behave with respect and tolerance towards people with other points of view.
- You are responsible for your own transportation to and from the library. If you are here until the library closes, you need to have arranged transportation to pick you up at that time.
- Parents agree to support their child’s participation.
We are very happy that you are offering to volunteer! We will do our best to make the experience a positive one. Please don’t hesitate to talk to any of the librarians or e-mail us if you have any questions, concerns, comments or suggestions.