The library is accepting applications from students currently in college, or entering college in the fall, for a Summer Intern to assist with our Summer Reading Program. This 8 1/2 week position requires working approximately 17 hours a week, including every other Saturday, starting on or about June 16, 2022 and ends approximately August 13, 2022. Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Summer Reading Program duties include:
- Providing assistance to patrons registering for the Summer Reading and Listening Programs through an online app.
- Keeping track of children’s reading progress, noting when they have earned prizes.
- Assisting with the Youth Services department’s programs.
- Photocopying reading lists and reading records.
- Ensuring that supplies for the Reading Program are replenished as needed.
- Maintaining the book shelves by straightening and restocking as necessary.
- Assisting other library departments with various on-going library projects.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with entering data into a database and word processing. Graphic design aptitude a plus.
- Customer service experience with individuals of various ages. An enthusiastic personality a must.
- Self-motivation essential.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
The combination of the training provided on the library’s catalog system and summer reading program, combined with the opportunity to work with children and their parents and caregivers in an open, friendly environment, makes this position particularly attractive for anyone considering a career in education, librarianship, publishing, customer service, or any job which involves interaction with the public.
Salary – $13.00 / hour
Please send an application and resume to Molly Adams, Head of Youth Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application available at on our website.
If you are offered the job, a background check will be required.