The Westfield Memorial Library is pleased to announce that we have reopened to the public on a limited basis.
In person hours are:
Monday – Thursday 9:30AM – 6:45PM
Friday – Saturday 9:30AM – 4:45PM
Sunday 1:00PM – 4:45PM
The public is able to browse for and checkout materials in the library. Face coverings and social distancing are required. Bathrooms are not available, so please plan accordingly. Fines and fees remain suspended.
The library’s curbside service is now Grab and Go and all materials can be still be placed on hold and picked up from:
Monday – Thursday 10AM -6:00PM
Friday – Saturday 10AM – 4:30PM
Materials will be available for pick up the day after they are placed on hold. Materials placed on hold on Saturday will be available on Monday.
Our computers will also be available on a partial basis. Here are the important rules you need to know:
- Westfield residents have access to one thirty-minute session per day. Westfield residents without a library card can get a guest pass at the Circulation Desk with proof of residency. Non-residents do not have access to computers.
- Due to limited staffing, computer assistance will not always be available.
- Computers shut down 30 minutes before closing.
- Since occupancy in the library remains limited, we request that you wait outside or in your car should all computers be in use when you arrive.
- Printing is available, but coins or dollar bills are required. Library staff cannot break large bills at this time.
- Guest passes are only available to Westfield Residents.
The Public is permitted into the library following State occupancy limits to browse for and check out materials, which is currently 50 people. Members of the public are asked to limit their time in the building to no more than 30 minutes and to have no more than 1 member of the family member in the library at any one time.
The public, except children 2 years old or younger is required to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth the entire time in the Library.
A face shield cannot be worn in lieu of a mask. Masks with vents are not acceptable. This is per local health officials and CDC guidance.
Parents are expected to hold young children by the hand at all times.
Public bathrooms are closed, even for children. Please plan accordingly.
Due to limited staffing, assistance at service desks may not be available at all times. Self-checkout is encouraged.
We ask for the public’s patience and cooperation as we all adjust to a new way of providing service at the library. At times it may be difficult, and it will certainly be different, but we will strive to keep both you and the library staff safe and healthy as we welcome you in a socially-distanced environment.