The Westfield Memorial Library is looking for an individual to fill the position of Library Page in the Youth Services Department.
General Statement of Duties
Responsible for shelving books and other materials and performing related tasks.
Reports to the Head of Youth Services.
- Shelves library materials.
- Locates requested items.
- Puts books in order on shelves.
- Assists staff with checking materials for damage and removing them from the shelves.
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude to the public, including children and their caregivers, and cooperates and maintains an effective relationship with other staff members as part of a team.
- Adheres to library policies and procedures.
- Performs other tasks as requested.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- An awareness of the purposes and functions of the public library and the ability to learn routine library procedures.
- Ability to push and pull library book trucks filled with books.
- Carry up to 15 lbs. of books across the library.
- Stand for a long time in one area.
- Bend and stretch to reach high and low shelves.
There are two positions open. Each position is for 10 hours per week, including some evenings once we return to full hours at the library. Pay is $12.00 an hour.