Employment Opportunity at the Westfield Memorial Library
The library is accepting applications from students currently in college, or entering college in the fall, for a Summer Intern to assist with our Summer Reading Program. This 8 1/2 week position requires working a 35 hour week, including every other Saturday and some evenings, starting on or about June 14, 2018.
Summer Reading Program duties include:
- Providing assistance in registering over 1,000 children in the Summer Reading and Listening Clubs through an online database.
- Keeping track of children’s reading progress, noting when they have earned prizes.
- Assisting with the Youth Services department’s programs.
- Photocopying reading lists and reading records.
- Ensuring that supplies for the Reading Program are replenished as needed.
- Maintaining the book shelves by straightening and restocking as necessary.
- Assisting other library departments with various on-going library projects.
- Computer proficiency, including familiarity with entering data into a database and word processing. Graphic design aptitude a plus.
- Customer service experience with individuals of various ages. An enthusiastic personality a must.
- Self-motivation essential.
- Previous experience working with children preferred.
The combination of the training provided on the library’s computer system and its various databases, combined with the opportunity to work with children and their parents and caregivers in an open, friendly environment, makes this position particularly attractive for anyone considering a career in education, librarianship, publishing, software development, customer service, or any job which involves interaction with the public.
Salary - $9.50/hour
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org